Mr. Iqbal A. Qarshi
- Mr. Qarshi has BSc (Hons) and later, MSc in Chemical Engineering, is a Chartered Engineer and a registered “Category A” Hakeem
- He is the CEO of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd.; Chairman, Qarshi Research International; Chairman, Qarshi Foundation Trust, besides being the CEO of Qarshi Int’l FZE, UAE
- Of late, he has taken over as the first Chairman, Board of Governors for Qarshi University
- Mr. Qarshi also holds a number of honorary positions: President, PTC, PTPMA, and WWF-P; Chairman, Message Foundation; Member, BoG for Fatima Memorial Health System, LABARD, CAA, WWF Int’l, Chand Bagh Foundation.
- Mr. Qarshi has also published a number of books and pamphlets: Matibb-e-Qarshi; Kitab-ul-Sehat; Kitab-ul-Hajj; Karawan-e-Shouk; Medicinal Plants of QHC; Biotechnology in Developing Countries; Pests & Diseases of Qarshi Garden; and Kitchen Spices & Herbs
- Mr. Qarshi is also the Editor-in-Chief of “Qaumi Sehat” [National Health], a fortnightly magazine of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd that is being published for the last 41 years.
Dr. Misbah Iqbal Qarshi
- Currently heading the Marketing Division of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd., Dr. Misbah is a qualified physician and surgeon from the country’s oldest and most prestigious medical institution - King Edward Medical College, Lahore
- As a doctor, she has rendered services in Mayo Hospital and later at Lady Willington Hospital, Lahore in Pediatrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics
- She is actively involved with Qarshi Foundation for the last ten years
- Dr. Misbah is looking after Qarshi Foundation dispensaries and MCHCC, besides planning and development of a chain of Qarshi Health Shops
- Innovation is the hallmark of her instincts and takes challenges head-on
- She has received “Excellence Performance Award” of QIL; designed Management System for QIL residencies; launched “Weight Loss Program”; and introduced new products to the array of an already impressive Product Line of QIL.
- Dr. Misbah has also started QFH and OPD Unit at Hattar for the benefit of staff of QIL and general public
- Temperamentally, she relishes graphic designing, creative art, and takes pride in managing the Marketing Division according to her vision, expertise, and skills - reminiscent of a person who sees to it that everything fits in where it is purported to
- Her other areas of interest include participation in debates, writing poetry, reading books, and of course participation in social welfare activities
Dr. Zafar Iqbal Qureshi
- Dr. Zafar Qureshi has the distinction of earning his PhD, in A Grade, in Policy Analysis from the University of Pittsburgh, USA. Before that, he received Master in Business Administration from American University of Beirut (Lebanon)
- Staring his career as Associate Professor in 1986, Dr. Qureshi became Professor, HRM at LUMS, and later Associate Dean in 1991. He remained a Visiting Scholar to McGill University, Montreal (Canada) and later, Institutional Development Specialist for World Bank for the Government of Punjab
- He has also served Punjab Municipal Development Fund Company as Managing Director and later, Managing Director, Institute of Banking & Finance, State Bank of Pakistan
- He is a Visiting Professor, Change Management, LUMS and Dean, School of Management, Forman Christian College University, Lahore
- On the social side, Dr. Zafar Qureshi is Member/Director of the Aga Khan Rural Support Programme; Fatima Memorial Hospital; University of Health Sciences; Society for the Advancement of Education; Services Hospital; and Qarshi Foundation.
Mr. Pervaiz Ahmad Khan
- With BSc in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Nuclear Technology, Mr. Pervaiz Ahmad Khan started his career as Shift Manager, Ittehad Chemicals and Glaxo Labs, Manager, ICI Pakistan; Technical Manager and later, Operations Manager and Works Manager, Polyester Business
- He remained Site General Manager, Soda Ash followed by becoming CEO, ICI Power Generation
- He retired as Sr. Vice President, Imperial Chemical Industries. Currently Mr. Khan is working as Consultant to US Apparel Group to ensure its smooth transition from a family-run business to a professionally-managed enterprise
- Being a dynamic personality, Mr. Khan remains on the go to explore new but challenging avenues for himself, as also for his clients
- To his credit, Mr. Khan has professional training in International Executive Program (France); International Manufacturing Program (the Netherlands); International Safety, Health, and Environment Management (UK); and Manufacturing & Benchmarking Trainings in UK and USA
- Mr. Khan remained Member, BoD, ICI Pakistan; Trustee, ICI Pakistan Management/non-Management Staff Provident Funds and Gratuity Funds; Trustee, ICI Foundation; and Member, BoD, Haleeb Foods Ltd
- As a social worker, Mr. Khan is a Trustee, Qarshi Foundation and Member, Operations Management Committee, LABARD
Prof. Dr. Wajid Ali
• Prof. Dr. Wajid Ali is the Consultant Physician at Hearts International Hospital & Professor of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine.
• Besides MBBS, Dr. Wajid did FCPS (1991) and FCCP (1993) for the USA.
• He has served at various prestigious organizations like AM College, Islamic International Medical College, USRA Medical College & Fatima Jinnah University.
• He is a visiting faculty of Glasgow Royal Infirmary, University of Glasgow Medical School, University of Kentucky, King Fahad University, Dow Medical University Karachi, and Khyber Medical University Peshawar.
• He has organized and supervised UN Health Programs as Consultant Physician for Pakistan & UNDR TB Program as Chairman International Committee for Implementation & Evaluation.
• He hold membership of various committees e.g. Academic Council Fatima Jinnah University; National Committee for Non-communicable Diseases Commission; National Committee for development National Health Plan; National Task Force for Tobacco Control Committee, National Pneumonia management guidelines committee, WHO Committee on Sepsis Management Guidelines Committee, Faculty Development Program; Member Riphah University BoG; Steering Committee for Establishment of National University of Medical Sciences; Chairperson, National TB Advisory Board; etc.
• He was awarded WHO award for Health Advocacy in 2006 and WHO Commendation Awards for organizing first International Conference on Disaster Management in 2007, Chief of Army Staff in General Medicine, Community Medicine, & Ophthalmology.
• He has developed First national DR TB Guidelines besides first National Tobacco Control Guidelines.
Prof. Dr. Zabta Khan Shinwari
• Prof. Dr. Zabta Khan Shinwari is the Chairperson, Deptt. of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
• Besides MSc and MPhil in Botany from QAU, Dr. Sab did PhD and later, Post-Doc in Molecular Systematics from Kyoto University, Japan.
• He is the founder-member of BoG and the pioneer of this University.
• His illustrious career spans over 30 years working on a number of assignments, for example, as Sr. Scientific Officer at the Institute of Agri-Biotech & Genetic Resources, NARC, Islamabad, the first PD and VC of the University of Science & Technology, Bannu, VC, KUST, Chief Executive Qarshi Research International and concurrently, PD/VC Qarshi University. Before that, he was Program Leader for COMSTECH-PTCL Frontier Technologies Research Center, Islamabad and Technical Coordinator at WWF-P for an Ethnobotany Project.
• He has contributed 142 publications in HEC-recognized journals, besides 36 papers in international conferences.
• He has also authored 10 books (e.g. on Bio-risk Management, Biotechnology in Developing Countries, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of Pakistan, Biotechnology: Opportunities and Challenges in OIC member state countries, Plant Wealth of Ayubia National Park and Indigenous Knowledge), besides 11 other publications.
• He has supervised 40 students for MPhil and PhD degrees and is currently supervising 35 students in their pursuit of MPhil and PhD.
• Dr. Shinwar has received grants/funds for 14 research projects and attended 80 international seminars, workshops, and conferences.
• To top it all, Dr. Shinwari has received Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (TI) - the country’ prestigious award for scientific contributions. It is the fourth-highest decoration given to any civilian in Pakistan based on his achievements in science, literature, arts, sports, medicine, or music.
Prof. Dr. Farrukh Zaman
- Professor Farrukh Zaman graduated from Nishtar Medical College, Multan in 1971 and due to war joined Pakistan Army Medical Corps. Passed FCPS in OBGYN in 1979 and became Assistant Professor at King Edward Medical College in 1981. Later he served as Associate Professor at Allama Iqbal Medical College and as Professor at Postgraduate Medical Institute and Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore. He retired from government service in 2009 as Principal Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore.
- He was conferred Fellowship of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons in 2002 and Fellowship of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists in 2003.
- He served as a member of the Council of College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan from 1988 to 2010 and also served two terms as Vice-President of CPSP.
- He was member of the team that delivered the first test tube baby of Pakistan and also member of the FIGO’s Projects in Pakistan related to Maternal Health and Women’s Sexual and Reproductive health. Besides Pakistan, he has been examiner for postgraduate qualifications of Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia.
- Professor Dr. Farrukh Zaman has been the President of Society of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Pakistan and President of South Asian Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. He has served as Member Executive Board, International Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, where he is now the Chair of Audit and Finance Committee. Currently he is serving as Principal, Rashid Latif Medical College, Lahore.