Mr. Iqbal A. Qarshi
- Mr. Qarshi has BSc (Hons) and later, MSc in Chemical Engineering, is a Chartered Engineer and a registered “Category A” Hakeem
- He is the CEO of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd.; Chairman, Qarshi Research International; Chairman, Qarshi Foundation Trust, besides being the CEO of Qarshi Int’l FZE, UAE
- Of late, he has taken over as the first Chairman, Board of Governors for Qarshi University
- Mr. Qarshi also holds a number of honorary positions: President, PTC, PTPMA, and WWF-P; Chairman, Message Foundation; Member, BoG for Fatima Memorial Health System, LABARD, CAA, WWF Int’l, Chand Bagh Foundation.
- Mr. Qarshi has also published a number of books and pamphlets: Matibb-e-Qarshi; Kitab-ul-Sehat; Kitab-ul-Hajj; Karawan-e-Shouk; Medicinal Plants of QHC; Biotechnology in Developing Countries; Pests & Diseases of Qarshi Garden; and Kitchen Spices & Herbs
- Mr. Qarshi is also the Editor-in-Chief of “Qaumi Sehat” [National Health], a fortnightly magazine of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd that is being published for the last 41 years.
Dr. Misbah Iqbal Qarshi
- Currently heading the Marketing Division of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd., Dr. Misbah is a qualified physician and surgeon from the country’s oldest and most prestigious medical institution - King Edward Medical College, Lahore
- As a doctor, she has rendered services in Mayo Hospital and later at Lady Willington Hospital, Lahore in Pediatrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics
- She is actively involved with Qarshi Foundation for the last ten years
- Dr. Misbah is looking after Qarshi Foundation dispensaries and MCHCC, besides planning and development of a chain of Qarshi Health Shops
- Innovation is the hallmark of her instincts and takes challenges head-on
- She has received “Excellence Performance Award” of QIL; designed Management System for QIL residencies; launched “Weight Loss Program”; and introduced new products adding to the array of an already impressive Product Line of QIL.
- Dr. Misbah has also started QFH and OPD Unit at Hattar for the benefit of staff of QIL and general public
- Temperamentally, she relishes graphic designing, creative art, and takes pride in managing the Marketing Division according to her vision, expertise, and skills - reminiscent of a person who sees to it that everything fits in where it is purported to
- Her other areas of interest include participation in debates, writing poetry, reading books, and of course participation in social welfare activities
Dr. Zafar Iqbal Qureshi
- Dr. Zafar Qureshi has the distinction of earning his PhD, in A Grade, in Policy Analysis from the University of Pittsburgh, USA. Before that, he received Master in Business Administration from American University of Beirut (Lebanon)
- Starting his career as Associate Professor in 1986, Dr. Qureshi became Professor, HRM at LUMS, and later Associate Dean in 1991. He remained a Visiting Scholar to McGill University, Montreal (Canada) and later, Institutional Development Specialist for World Bank for the Government of Punjab
- He has also served Punjab Municipal Development Fund Company as Managing Director and later, Managing Director, Institute of Banking & Finance, State Bank of Pakistan
- He is a Visiting Professor, Change Management, LUMS and Dean, School of Management, Forman Christian College University, Lahore
- On the social side, Dr. Zafar Qureshi is Member/Director of the Aga Khan Rural Support Program; Fatima Memorial Hospital; University of Health Sciences; Society for the Advancement of Education; Services Hospital; and Qarshi Foundation.
Mr. Pervaiz A. Khan
- With BSc in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Nuclear Technology, Mr. Pervaiz Ahmad Khan started his career as Shift Manager, Ittehad Chemicals and Glaxo Labs, Manager, ICI Pakistan; Technical Manager and later, Operations Manager and Works Manager, Polyester Business
- He remained Site General Manager, Soda Ash followed by becoming CEO, ICI Power Generation
- He retired as Sr. Vice President, Imperial Chemical Industries. Currently Mr. Khan is working as Consultant to US Apparel Group to ensure its smooth transition from a family-run business to a professionally-managed enterprise
- Being a dynamic personality, Mr. Khan remains on the go to explore new but challenging avenues for himself, as also for his clients
- To his credit, Mr. Khan has professional training in International Executive Program (France); International Manufacturing Program (the Netherlands); International Safety, Health, and Environment Management (UK); and Manufacturing & Benchmarking Trainings in UK and USA
- Mr. Khan remained Member, BoD, ICI Pakistan; Trustee, ICI Pakistan Management/non-Management Staff Provident Funds and Gratuity Funds; Trustee, ICI Foundation; and Member, BoD, Haleeb Foods Ltd
- As a social worker, Mr. Khan is a Trustee, Qarshi Foundation and Member, Operations Management Committee, LABARD
Sheikh Sajjad Hassan
- Sheikh Sajjad Hassan is MA, LLB, has attended Tax Administration Course at the University of Southern California (USA) besides National Management Course from Pakistan’s prestigious Administrative Staff College, Lahore, as trainee of Income Tax Group, Civil Superior Service of Pakistan
- He started his career as Dy. Commissioner (Income Tax), followed by taking over as Addl Commissioner, Commissioner, and Regional Commissioner (Income Tax)
- In 1988, he was elevated to the position of Member and later, Chairman, Central Board of Revenue. He retired in 1992 as Secretary, Revenue Division, Govt of Pakistan
- At present, he is a Tax Consultant and has meanwhile been Director, VEL; Outside Director, Lahore Stock Exchange; Director, Pakistan Rating Agency; and Steward, Lahore Race Club
- He remained Advisor to Taxation Reform Commission and later, Member, Task Force on Tax Administration
- Shiekh Sajjad Hassan had been a Consultant to WB and to Commonwealth and British Council
- To his credit, Mr. Sheikh has two publications: (i) Income Tax, Made Easy; and (ii) Wealth Tax, Made Easy
Sh. Safir-ur-Rahman Shami
- Having MCom from Hailey College of Commerce, Lahore, Mr. Shami started his career in Audit Service at the world’s prestigious firm – A. F. Ferguson & Co in 1959
- Packages Ltd. was his next destination as an Accountant, followed by Coca Cola Export Corp. in 1977
- He joined Saigol Bros Ltd. as Chief Accountant; GM (Finance & Commercial) with PEL; and as CEO, Shehryar Steel
- At present Mr. Shami is Director, Software (Pvt) Ltd.
- In the social arena, Mr. Shami is Member, Old Hailians Club, and Lahore’s most sought-after, Gymkhana
- He is Member, Board of Trustees, Qarshi Foundation – a welfare arm of Qarshi Industries (Pvt) Ltd.